New Ulverston Costa Coffee store quenches thirst for smart design
Published at 16:11, Tuesday, 12 March 2013
THE new-look Costa Coffee store that opened its doors in Ulverston today is the first of its kind in Cumbria.
The new Evo design is the latest look for the national chain’s outlets and the store’s staff hope it will impress customers.
Store manager Katrina Lawson, who previously worked at Costa in Barrow, said she was delighted the town was getting a new-look coffee shop.
She added: “It looks brilliant – it’s a nice, clean design.”
Around 1,000 vouchers for free drinks were handed out to members of the public ahead of the grand opening and Miss Lawson said she was hoping for a busy day.
The keys to the store were formally handed over to her yesterday, when she made the final preparations for the grand opening.
She added: “We have had a lot of people asking about it, asking when we were opening.
“The lads have worked really hard – through the weekend – and I’m ecstatic.”
She said a new store opening up in the town, in the former Halifax building on the corner of Market Street and Brogden Street, was especially good news for the town.
Work on the store began last month after being granted planning permission in October.
Costa in Ulverston employs seven people and is one of 10 stores in Cumbria, run by the franchise holder Purple World.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Browse the ASBO gallery (9 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|