Margaret’s dedication to patients recognised with Heart of Ulverston award nomination
Last updated at 15:07, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
A MEDICAL administrator, whose organisation and efficiency has helped countless patients, is in the running for a Heart of Ulverston award.
• Do you know someone who lives, works, or has a strong connection to Ulverston who you think deserves an award? Click here to nominate them
Margaret Maiden, 64, of Spring Vale, Swarthmoor has been nominated in the Employee of the Year category.
She was put forward by her employers Dr G R Murray and Partners in recognition of her hard work and more than 25 years of service as practice secretary.
She said: “It feels absolutely lovely, I was really pleased and surprised because this sort of thing doesn’t happen to me.”
Mrs Maiden has been nominated jointly by Dr Gerry Murray, Dr Ewen Fraser and Dr Emma Walker.
They said: “The process of referrals within the NHS has changed quite dramatically during the years that Margaret has worked with us.
“She has embraced all these changes and is a true expert in the labyrinthine workings of this extremely complicated NHS system.
“Patients therefore benefit greatly from the service that Margaret provides.
“She does this work quietly in the background but is always willing to express an opinion and suggest changes and improvements to her area of work.”
Born and raised in Ulverston, Mrs Maiden says the best part of her job is helping patients. She said: “I enjoy all of it, you can’t please all of the people all of the time but I do try.
“I like the community here and it’s a nice place to live. I’d be very proud to win because it is an achievement and it’s lovely to be recognised.”
This year’s Heart of Ulverston Awards, proudly sponsored by the Evening Mail, Siemens, GSK and Ulverston Victoria High School, will be held at the Coronation Hall on October 10.
Prizes will be awarded for 11 categories: Citizen of the Year, Young Citizen of the Year, Group or Project of the Year, Teacher of the Year, Sports Volunteer of the Year, Carer of the Year, Courage Award, Environmental Volunteer, Parent/ Guardian of the Year, Employee of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award.
You can nominate using the form on this page or on the Evening Mail website at www.nwemail.co.uk.
First published at 15:03, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|