Margaret’s dedication to patients recognised with Heart of Ulverston award nomination
Last updated at 15:07, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
A MEDICAL administrator, whose organisation and efficiency has helped countless patients, is in the running for a Heart of Ulverston award.
• Do you know someone who lives, works, or has a strong connection to Ulverston who you think deserves an award? Click here to nominate them
Margaret Maiden, 64, of Spring Vale, Swarthmoor has been nominated in the Employee of the Year category.
She was put forward by her employers Dr G R Murray and Partners in recognition of her hard work and more than 25 years of service as practice secretary.
She said: “It feels absolutely lovely, I was really pleased and surprised because this sort of thing doesn’t happen to me.”
Mrs Maiden has been nominated jointly by Dr Gerry Murray, Dr Ewen Fraser and Dr Emma Walker.
They said: “The process of referrals within the NHS has changed quite dramatically during the years that Margaret has worked with us.
“She has embraced all these changes and is a true expert in the labyrinthine workings of this extremely complicated NHS system.
“Patients therefore benefit greatly from the service that Margaret provides.
“She does this work quietly in the background but is always willing to express an opinion and suggest changes and improvements to her area of work.”
Born and raised in Ulverston, Mrs Maiden says the best part of her job is helping patients. She said: “I enjoy all of it, you can’t please all of the people all of the time but I do try.
“I like the community here and it’s a nice place to live. I’d be very proud to win because it is an achievement and it’s lovely to be recognised.”
This year’s Heart of Ulverston Awards, proudly sponsored by the Evening Mail, Siemens, GSK and Ulverston Victoria High School, will be held at the Coronation Hall on October 10.
Prizes will be awarded for 11 categories: Citizen of the Year, Young Citizen of the Year, Group or Project of the Year, Teacher of the Year, Sports Volunteer of the Year, Carer of the Year, Courage Award, Environmental Volunteer, Parent/ Guardian of the Year, Employee of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award.
You can nominate using the form on this page or on the Evening Mail website at www.nwemail.co.uk.
First published at 15:03, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|