Lindal Christmas lights switch-on
Last updated at 16:23, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
SANTA was the guest of honour at Lindal’s annual Christmas lights switch-on.
The festive event, which raises money for St Peter’s Church at The Green, took place last Thursday.
The lights were switched on by a local Santa Claus, who attended the ceremony on a decorated tractor.
He was helped in his festive task by St Peter’s Gala Queen Freya Gray, aged 11.
The switch-on featured a Christmas fair, held in the Buccleuch Hall.
The fair included a number of stalls run by churchgoers.
A variety of products were on offer at the fair, including bric-a-brac, baking, craft and jewellery.
Church warden at St Peter’s, Jennifer Pardoe, from Lindal, said: “Numbers were down on last year.
“However, we raised just over £700 for the church which is better than average.
“The children always enjoy this event.
“They were all very excited to meet Father Christmas.”
The lights were a variety of blue and purple and covered the area surrounding The Green, which is at the heart of the village.
Mrs Pardoe added: “This event really starts the Christmas countdown and is enjoyed by everyone in the village.”
First published at 16:22, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|