Lindal Christmas lights switch-on
Last updated at 16:23, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
SANTA was the guest of honour at Lindal’s annual Christmas lights switch-on.
The festive event, which raises money for St Peter’s Church at The Green, took place last Thursday.
The lights were switched on by a local Santa Claus, who attended the ceremony on a decorated tractor.
He was helped in his festive task by St Peter’s Gala Queen Freya Gray, aged 11.
The switch-on featured a Christmas fair, held in the Buccleuch Hall.
The fair included a number of stalls run by churchgoers.
A variety of products were on offer at the fair, including bric-a-brac, baking, craft and jewellery.
Church warden at St Peter’s, Jennifer Pardoe, from Lindal, said: “Numbers were down on last year.
“However, we raised just over £700 for the church which is better than average.
“The children always enjoy this event.
“They were all very excited to meet Father Christmas.”
The lights were a variety of blue and purple and covered the area surrounding The Green, which is at the heart of the village.
Mrs Pardoe added: “This event really starts the Christmas countdown and is enjoyed by everyone in the village.”
First published at 16:22, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|