Lindal Christmas lights switch-on
Last updated at 16:23, Wednesday, 05 December 2012
SANTA was the guest of honour at Lindal’s annual Christmas lights switch-on.
The festive event, which raises money for St Peter’s Church at The Green, took place last Thursday.
The lights were switched on by a local Santa Claus, who attended the ceremony on a decorated tractor.
He was helped in his festive task by St Peter’s Gala Queen Freya Gray, aged 11.
The switch-on featured a Christmas fair, held in the Buccleuch Hall.
The fair included a number of stalls run by churchgoers.
A variety of products were on offer at the fair, including bric-a-brac, baking, craft and jewellery.
Church warden at St Peter’s, Jennifer Pardoe, from Lindal, said: “Numbers were down on last year.
“However, we raised just over £700 for the church which is better than average.
“The children always enjoy this event.
“They were all very excited to meet Father Christmas.”
The lights were a variety of blue and purple and covered the area surrounding The Green, which is at the heart of the village.
Mrs Pardoe added: “This event really starts the Christmas countdown and is enjoyed by everyone in the village.”
First published at 16:22, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|