Leaders praise Ulverston school students and staff for achievements
Last updated at 11:55, Thursday, 23 January 2014
LEADERS at Ulverston Vicoria High School have praised students and staff for their hard work towards achieving strong GCSE and A-Level performances.
• Click here to view the school league tables
The school saw 62 per cent of Year 11 students gain at least five GCSEs at grades A* to C with English and maths.
The pass rate was slightly down by three percentage points on 2012.
The Springfield Road school also had a quarter of students achieving an A* or an A.
At A-Level the pass rate was 96.5 per cent and the proportion of students who earned A* and A grades was the highest in the school’s history at 27 per cent.
UVHS also saw 19 per cent of the upper sixth achieve an AAB or higher set of A-Level grades, with at least two of those grades being in facilitating subjects. Facilitating subjects are those most commonly required by Russell Group universities.
Roger Cahalin, assistant headteacher at Ulverston Victoria High School, said: “There were some fantastic performances at GCSE and A-Level. It is very pleasing, and as a school our outcomes are going from strength to strength.
“Our results in science, maths and English are exceptional. We are attracting students from all over the area.”
Figures show at Windermere School there was a 37 percentage point increase with the GCSE pass rate. Some 89 per cent of students gained at least A* to C grades with English and maths.
At Millom School 52 per cent of students achieved five or more A* to C grades including English and maths. This was six percentage points lower than 2012.
All students achieve at least one A-Level, with 94 per cent achieving two or more and 81 per cent achieving at least three.
The percentage of students receiving grades A* to E was 96 per cent, while students gaining A* to C grades stood at 59 per cent.
First published at 10:24, Thursday, 23 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|