Holiday prize draw raises cash for Ulverston couple
Last updated at 15:46, Wednesday, 03 September 2014
A GENEROUS travel agent donated a week-long holiday to Turkey for a prize draw that raised £1,030 for a couple battling life-limiting conditions.
Travel the Globe, based in Stollers Furniture World, Barrow, donated an all-inclusive seven-night holiday to Turkey worth £2,000 to the charity night in aid of the Pennington Benevolent Fund for Paul and Clare Coulston.
Clare Milby and Lisa Barnes, directors at Travel the Globe, had the idea after being approached by fundraiser organisers and friends of the Coulstons, Mel Dixon and Mandy Jeffrey.
Mrs Milby said: “We’re thrilled to be able to offer such an amazing prize and donate it to a very worthy cause.”
Some 200 tickets for the event, at Crooklands of Dalton, sold out, with many snapped up by the Coulston’s family and friends.
The holiday was won by Mrs Coulston’s sister, Elaine Hudson, who also gets return transport to Manchester, donated by Ulverston Airport Services.
First published at 09:25, Tuesday, 08 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (34 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (15 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|