Heart of Ulverston Awards - Rewarding the carers who go that bit further
Last updated at 10:29, Thursday, 25 July 2013
THE most caring individuals will be recognised at the Heart of Ulverston Awards.
There are two categories for the outstanding people whose dedication to people and the world around them makes Ulverston a better place to live.
The Carer of the Year Award and Environmental Volunteer of the Year Award, the only two categories currently without a sponsor, are about highlighting the selfless work that is done in our community.
We want your nominations for the carers whose inspirational work, whether professional or voluntary, deserves to recognised.
We also want to hear about the people who look after the natural environment for the benefit of the whole community.
Frank Stretton, Evening Mail commercial director, said the awards were a great way of showing how much people’s contributions to the community are appreciated.
He thanked all the companies that have already shown their support.
Mr Stretton added: “I am delighted to be getting behind these awards and helping recognise the contributions people make to one of our core communities.
“We want to see people nominating their Ulverston heroes and showing them how much their hard work and dedication to the area means and we also want to give local employers a chance to get on board by sponsoring an award category.
“These awards will be great for the town.
“I hope more local businesses will be excited by the chance of getting involved at such an early stage.”
The Heart of Ulverston Awards 2013 are sponsored by Ulverston Victoria High School and proudly supported by Siemens, GlaxoSmithKline, Furness College and the Evening Mail.
The winners will be announced at a ceremony at the Coronation Hall on October 25.
- Nomination for football coach
- Community spirit is at the heart of group’s nomination
- Tireless Ulverston school trio up for prize
- Disabled mother says she’d be ‘lost’ without caring daughter
- Heart of Ulverston Award sponsor is searching for ‘something a bit different’
- Heart of Ulverston Awards will celebrate the best of town’s enterprising talent
- Recognising those who never surrender
- Ulverston council backs search to honour lifetime achievement
- Readers get to choose Heart of Ulverston Award winner
- Star parent in line for Heart of Ulverston Award
- Heart of Ulverston Award for teacher who inspires a generation
First published at 16:53, Tuesday, 18 June 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes (2 comments)
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month (2 comments)
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark (1 comment)
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|