Grieving Ulverston family’s thanks for help
Last updated at 17:02, Friday, 18 January 2013
THE partner of a much-loved dad whose body was found in a beck has thanked people for the overwhelming support they have given her since his death.
Aaran Sedgwick’s body was found in Dragley Beck, in Ulverston, on Saturday December 15.
Mr Sedgwick, 23, had been out in Barrow the night before.
He was reported missing the next morning and found later that day.
Cath Nicholson, the mum of his partner, Shannon, 32, said they had been amazed by the amount of help and support
they had been given since his death.
“Shannon wants to say a massive thank you to everybody for all their support,” she said.
“People have been fantastic. People have been going around to help her a lot and staying overnight to help her.
“She has had a lot of help and support and she really, really appreciates it.
“She has been given donations from people she doesn’t even really know and help has been coming from all over the place.”
Mrs Nicholson particularly wanted to thank staff at Holker Hall, near Cark, who had arranged a special Christmas party, complete with an appearance from Father Christmas, for the family.
She said: “It was really kind of them and really made a difference to the kids at such a difficult time.’’
A student at Furness College, Mr Sedgwick, of Beech Drive, Ulverston, was a former student of Ulverston Victoria High School and was hoping to train to be a primary school teacher, Mrs Nicholson said.
She said: “He absolutely adored his children.
“He was back at college because he wanted to be primary school teacher because he had really found his niche.”
She said he had been a “wonderful daddy” to his three children – Marley, three, Jack, two, and D’Angelo, nine weeks – as well as her daughter’s son Shane, 14.
Mrs Nicholson said the family was still trying to come to terms with his loss.
She said: “(Shannon) is starting to get there, but it is going to take a long time.
“The children have been missing him because they were so close to their daddy and he was such a good father.
“They are missing him hugely.”
First published at 17:01, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|