Golfers club together in support of Ulverston hospice
Last updated at 12:33, Monday, 21 July 2014
FUNDRAISERS put in an above-par performance as they teed off at a charity event for a worthy cause.
Thanks to their drive, the event raised £620 towards the £70,000 needed to replace the aging vehicles used by staff and volunteers at St Mary’s.
Abbey House Hotel general manager, Paul Graham, said: “We’ve done quite a lot for the hospice. We recently donated all the old hotel furniture and we decided to do something to help the Reaching Out campaign.
“It was a good atmosphere, a few people were disappointed with the football results because it was the day England played Uruguay but it didn’t take the edge off the evening too much.”
Zoe Guest, head of income generation at St Mary’s, said: “This is a most generous donation to our Reaching Out campaign. We are most grateful to the organisers from Abbey House and to those who took part in the golf day and gave so generously.
“We cannot thank the local community enough for all their help with this campaign.”
The hotel has plans for a second golf day on September 18 with places still available by contacting Abbey House.
So far, Evening Mail readers have raised £23,000 towards the campaign.
St Mary’s dedicated team of nurses travel all over South Cumbria giving care to people in their own homes. But the charity’s fleet of cars is no longer up to the task.
First published at 12:03, Monday, 21 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|