Get to grips with Ulverston wrestling event
Published at 14:44, Monday, 13 February 2012
A FURNESS-BASED wrestling organisation is set to stage its first extravaganza of the year.
G Ring Promotions will present “Evolved!” at the Red Rose Club in Victoria Road, Ulverston, on Friday February 24 at 7pm.
The organisation set up its academy in the town last year and has put on three shows at the Red Rose Club.
At the last GRP event, called “the Revolution Continues”, Dalton wrestler Chris Cassidy caused a shock when he became GRP World Heavyweight Champion by defeating the company founder Drazic Jericho.
Now Cassidy will face his first challenger, Midlands-based Viken.
Elsewhere on the card, local favourite Nightmare will lock horns with the mysterious, Barrow-based “One Man Army” in a falls count anywhere match, which means the two competitors can win by pinning their opponent anywhere in the building.
In other action, Taylor West and Craig Kollins, both of Barrow, are to issue an open challenge for any wrestler in the GRP locker room.
There will also be a triple-threat match between Scotty Wildside, Drazic Jericho and Big Tim Burns.
Barrow-based Filius Diablo, managed by Evening Mail multi media assistant James “Jimmy Hate” Hemsworth, will take on Dalton grappler X-Rated.
Admission is £1 on the door.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|