Get to grips with Ulverston wrestling event
Published at 14:44, Monday, 13 February 2012
A FURNESS-BASED wrestling organisation is set to stage its first extravaganza of the year.
G Ring Promotions will present “Evolved!” at the Red Rose Club in Victoria Road, Ulverston, on Friday February 24 at 7pm.
The organisation set up its academy in the town last year and has put on three shows at the Red Rose Club.
At the last GRP event, called “the Revolution Continues”, Dalton wrestler Chris Cassidy caused a shock when he became GRP World Heavyweight Champion by defeating the company founder Drazic Jericho.
Now Cassidy will face his first challenger, Midlands-based Viken.
Elsewhere on the card, local favourite Nightmare will lock horns with the mysterious, Barrow-based “One Man Army” in a falls count anywhere match, which means the two competitors can win by pinning their opponent anywhere in the building.
In other action, Taylor West and Craig Kollins, both of Barrow, are to issue an open challenge for any wrestler in the GRP locker room.
There will also be a triple-threat match between Scotty Wildside, Drazic Jericho and Big Tim Burns.
Barrow-based Filius Diablo, managed by Evening Mail multi media assistant James “Jimmy Hate” Hemsworth, will take on Dalton grappler X-Rated.
Admission is £1 on the door.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|