Feeding a family well can be done on a keen budget says Ulverston chef
Published at 17:56, Friday, 15 August 2014
ANDREW Sill, chef at The Coach House Cafe and Bistro in Ford Park, Ulverston, has come up with an affordable two-course meal for families who want to eat healthy produce on a budget.
Two small onions
One red pepper
A bunch of chives
Finely slice the onions and chop the red pepper, removing the seeds.
Fry gently for five to 10 minutes then add the peppers and cook for another five minutes.
Boil the potatoes for 10 to 12 minutes until just cooked through.
Break eggs into a jug and season. Add chives to the mixture.
Oil a frying pan and add the potatoes, onions and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over and cook for about 15 minutes until set and golden brown.
TOP TIP: Chives are easy to grow at home and add flavour.
One white loaf
Two small bags of summer fruit (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
A little lemon juice and sugar
Blitz up some of the fruits to make a liquid. Add lemon juice and sugar to taste.
Cut the bread and dip into the liquid. Press into greased moulds or teacups.
Put the rest of the fruits into the middle of the moulds.
Cut bread discs to fit bottom of moulds.
Press down with weights in the fridge.
To serve, remove from the mould and serve with cream.
TOP TIP: Collect fruit and berries now and freeze them.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|