Delays following A590 crash near Ulverston
Last updated at 17:34, Wednesday, 09 April 2014
FOUR people were cut free from the wreckage of a two car crash near Ulverston.
Police were called to a two car crash near the Murco garage at Newlands, on the A590, near Ulverston, shortly after noon Tuesday April 8 2014.
One car contained a man, woman and child and the second vehicle contained an elderly man and woman.
Fire crews from Barrow and Ulverston were at the scene and helped cut two passengers from one wreckage, and they were being treated by paramedics before being taken to Furness General Hospital.
A spokeswoman for the North West Ambulance service said three ambulances took four people to hospital but it is thought there were no serious injuries.
Drivers are being warned of delays and there have been reports of tailbacks in the area.
First published at 12:55, Tuesday, 08 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Why is it people can't drive down this road without running into each other? There is nothing wrong with this road, so why so many collisions?
Make your comment
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- Four more convicted over brawl at Barrow game
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- Barrow AFC defender to sign new two-year deal
- Barrow AFC keeper battle to heat up
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown