Delays following A590 crash near Ulverston
Last updated at 17:34, Wednesday, 09 April 2014
FOUR people were cut free from the wreckage of a two car crash near Ulverston.
Police were called to a two car crash near the Murco garage at Newlands, on the A590, near Ulverston, shortly after noon Tuesday April 8 2014.
One car contained a man, woman and child and the second vehicle contained an elderly man and woman.
Fire crews from Barrow and Ulverston were at the scene and helped cut two passengers from one wreckage, and they were being treated by paramedics before being taken to Furness General Hospital.
A spokeswoman for the North West Ambulance service said three ambulances took four people to hospital but it is thought there were no serious injuries.
Drivers are being warned of delays and there have been reports of tailbacks in the area.
First published at 12:55, Tuesday, 08 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Why is it people can't drive down this road without running into each other? There is nothing wrong with this road, so why so many collisions?
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)