Cumbria kennel bosses given paws for celebration
Last updated at 16:58, Monday, 08 July 2013
A NEW dog kennels business is set to open in a village near Ulverston.
Plans for the new boarding kennel at Lindeth, near Bouth, have been approved by Lake District planners.
The sound-proofed building will house up to 25 canine companions once construction is finished.
Business owner Ann Boardman told the LDNPA’s development control committee that there was a shortage of kennels across the area following the closure of two in the past year.
“We know there’s a need for kennels in the area,” she said.
“My husband is a vet and is regularly asked about the service and we’re aware that people are travelling from beyond Kirkby Lonsdale to find kennels for their pets.
“We hope that you will allow us to build a business that fills a local need in the area that we live,” she added.
The application for the 25-metre long kennel building proposed for the garden of Mr and Mrs Boardman’s home attracted five letters of objection from local residents.
They were concerned about the noise of barking dogs travelling across the valley and extra traffic on village roads.
But committee member John Hayton commended the couple on the way they had designed the proposed kennels in a bid to contain all noise.
He said: “I think the applicants have done a very good job of the design.
“They are going to professionally manage it and overall I think this is a good business to support.”
First published at 16:10, Monday, 08 July 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|