Bogus claims to revive former Ulverston nightclub exposed
Published at 16:36, Tuesday, 18 February 2014
A SOCIAL media account, which posted claims that a businessman was planning to revive a once-popular South Lakes nightspot, has been exposed as a fake.
An anonymous person, posing as former Bar 6 owner Andy Steele on Facebook, spread rumours that he was planning to reopen Buffers nightclub in Station Approach, Ulverston. However, Mr Steele denies he has any plans to reopen the venue and has no connection to the account which claims Buffers could become “Cumbria’s version of the Hacienda”.
The club has been closed since May 2008. Before then, numerous attempts were made to shut the club down after complaints about noise and anti-social behaviour from local residents.
Opened in the early 80s, the former railway station building was a popular destination for clubbers across south Cumbria and beyond and was played the latest house and trance music.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes (2 comments)
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month (2 comments)
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark (1 comment)
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|