Ulverston drinker's Barrow ‘James Bond’ claim landed with curfew
Last updated at 10:05, Tuesday, 06 May 2014
A DRUNKEN man from Ulverston who told police his name was James Bond when he was arrested after being thrown out of a Barrow nightclub has been tagged.
Benjamin Bolton appeared before Furness Magistrates’ Court on Thursday and his solicitor said he was ashamed of his behaviour.
Mr Peter Kelly, prosecuting, explained how an incident occurred after Bolton was ejected from Club M on Cornwallis Street, Barrow, at about 3.45am on April 18.
He said the 22-year-old, of North Lonsdale Terrace, Ulverston, was spotted by a police patrol.
Mr Kelly said: “They went over to assist the doormen who were in the process of removing him from the club.
“They decided to search him and he became aggressive and was arrested. He was taken to the police station where the defendant was very difficult. When asked his name he said he was called James Bond. At one point he kicked out at officers.”
Bolton admitted being drunk and disorderly on April 18.
The court was also told that the offence breached a 120-day suspended sentence for assault in September 2013.
Mr Trystan Roberts, defending, said his client was ashamed of his behaviour.
He said: “He doesn’t drink very often and had been out with friends.
“This was a blip and hopefully it will serve as a warning not to drink too much in the future.”
Magistrates fined Bolton £100, £85 court costs and a £25 victim surcharge. He was also put under curfew and banned from the streets between 7pm and 7am for eight weeks.
First published at 10:05, Monday, 05 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Holiday park near Grange unveils its latest phase of £5m plan
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|