Two from Cumbria jailed for drugs trade
Published at 13:57, Wednesday, 20 November 2013
TWO people from Cumbria connected with the illegal drug trade have been jailed.
John James Thompson, aged 34, and Kirsty Davidson, aged 25, were convicted at Carlisle Crown Court after pleading guilty to being connected with the supply of class A drugs, namely heroin and methadone, class C drugs, and possession of class B drugs, namely amphetamine.
The offences took place between 13th December 2012 and 6th January 2013. The pair were arrested following a drugs warrant that was executed by Police at their former home on Sandy Lonning, Maryport.
Judge Batty sentenced Thompson to 2 years, 8 months’ imprisonment and Davidson received a sentence of 2 years imprisonment.
Detective Inspector Ian Harwood said: “Thompson, the principal offender, is a convicted drug dealer who has been a scourge to the communities of Maryport and surrounding areas and it is clear his and Davidson’s drug dealing activities have attracted criminal activity to the area heaping misery on the community.
“Since Thompson and Davidson were sent to prison in early August 2013, offences of dwelling burglary, theft and anti-social behaviour have massively decreased.
“Cumbria Constabulary views it as completely unacceptable for the local communities to have to put up with any fear of crime and disorder that systematic drug supply creates and wishes to reassure the public that it will do everything in its power to eradicate drug dealing and associated criminal activity by bringing those responsible to justice.
“The Courts share this view and this can be reflected in the sentences handed out to Thompson and Davidson. Cumbria Constabulary urge anyone with information regarding drug supply or associated crime, such as burglary and theft, to come forward with information which will help the Constabulary to make the communities even safer.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together