Two Barrow men arrested after £6,000 worth of cannabis found in car on M6
Last updated at 14:47, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
TWO Barrow men were arrested by Cumbria police after approximately half a kilo of cannabis was found when they stopped a car in a routine check on the M6 motorway.
Police officers stopped a vehicle in a routine check on the M6 near Burton.
The value of the drugs found has been estimated to be £6,000.
The two occupants, both men, aged 23 and 20 from Barrow were arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply.
Both have been bailed until March 3 2014.
Detective Sergeant Mark Somers, said: “Cumbria Police are dedicated in removing any illegal drugs from our communities.
“From the Roads Policing Unit to Detectives in Criminal Investigation, we all work together to build safe and stronger communities.”
First published at 11:23, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together