Two arrested in Cumbria on suspicion of £100,000 heroin possession
Last updated at 16:40, Friday, 10 January 2014
TWO people have been arrested in Cumbria on suspicion of possessing over £100,000 worth of heroin.
Officers from Cumbria Police’s Serious and Organised Crime Unit are questioning a 33-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman from Merseyside, after heroin with a street value of approximately £100,000 was seized.
The two are being detained at Durranhill Police Station after officers stopped the vehicle they were travelling in on the M6 motorway between junctions 42 and 43 at Carlisle.
Detective Superintendent Andrew Slattery: “Cumbria Constabulary is committed to tackling the supply of controlled drugs and these latest arrests show that Cumbria is not a soft target for drug dealers or organised criminals.”
First published at 16:39, Friday, 10 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (8 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|