Two arrested after Barrow crane death
Last updated at 15:22, Thursday, 10 May 2012
TWO men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter through gross negligence after a Barrow dad was killed in an industrial accident with a crane.
Andy Bowes, 37, died in Furness General Hospital following the accident at Meeting Industrial Estate, in Park Road, on March 12.
Father-of-three Mr Bowes, of Mill Bank, Ormsgill, is believed to have been killed after a steel unit fell while it was being lifted by a crane.
He left behind his wife Cheryl and three children Liam, Joshua and Alicia.
The Health and Safety Executive and Barrow police have been investigating the incident.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, of Barrow CID, said yesterday that two men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter through gross negligence and would be answering police bail next week.
He added that the investigation into the incident was continuing.
First published at 13:11, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|