Two arrested after Barrow crane death
Last updated at 15:22, Thursday, 10 May 2012
TWO men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter through gross negligence after a Barrow dad was killed in an industrial accident with a crane.
Andy Bowes, 37, died in Furness General Hospital following the accident at Meeting Industrial Estate, in Park Road, on March 12.
Father-of-three Mr Bowes, of Mill Bank, Ormsgill, is believed to have been killed after a steel unit fell while it was being lifted by a crane.
He left behind his wife Cheryl and three children Liam, Joshua and Alicia.
The Health and Safety Executive and Barrow police have been investigating the incident.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, of Barrow CID, said yesterday that two men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter through gross negligence and would be answering police bail next week.
He added that the investigation into the incident was continuing.
First published at 13:11, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|