Two arrested after Barrow crane death
Last updated at 15:22, Thursday, 10 May 2012
TWO men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter through gross negligence after a Barrow dad was killed in an industrial accident with a crane.
Andy Bowes, 37, died in Furness General Hospital following the accident at Meeting Industrial Estate, in Park Road, on March 12.
Father-of-three Mr Bowes, of Mill Bank, Ormsgill, is believed to have been killed after a steel unit fell while it was being lifted by a crane.
He left behind his wife Cheryl and three children Liam, Joshua and Alicia.
The Health and Safety Executive and Barrow police have been investigating the incident.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, of Barrow CID, said yesterday that two men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter through gross negligence and would be answering police bail next week.
He added that the investigation into the incident was continuing.
First published at 13:11, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Mountain rescue team attend to fell walker with head injury in Lakes
- Man's body found on Barrow beach
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- UPDATE: Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Dog found on Cumbria mountain returns home
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Rare bird spotted in Furness (1 comment)
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|