Two arrested after Barrow crane death
Last updated at 15:22, Thursday, 10 May 2012
TWO men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter through gross negligence after a Barrow dad was killed in an industrial accident with a crane.
Andy Bowes, 37, died in Furness General Hospital following the accident at Meeting Industrial Estate, in Park Road, on March 12.
Father-of-three Mr Bowes, of Mill Bank, Ormsgill, is believed to have been killed after a steel unit fell while it was being lifted by a crane.
He left behind his wife Cheryl and three children Liam, Joshua and Alicia.
The Health and Safety Executive and Barrow police have been investigating the incident.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, of Barrow CID, said yesterday that two men have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter through gross negligence and would be answering police bail next week.
He added that the investigation into the incident was continuing.
First published at 13:11, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|