TV star Clare Balding tweets love of Lake District during radio recording
Last updated at 18:27, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
TELEVISION presenter Clare Balding has tweeted about her love of the Lake District during recording for a radio show.
The retired amateur jockey posted on her official Twitter account updates and pictures of Cumbria while walking the final stages of the Dales Way.
The sports commentator, who has more than 530,000 followers, has been recording her experience for BBC Radio Four’s Ramblings show.
She posted: “Final section of #DalesWay from Staveley to Bowness-on-Windemere ended in glorious sunshine. Wonderful #R4Ramblings.”
The Dales Way is an 84-mile footpath from Ilkley, West Yorkshire, to Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria.
The respected presenter started her venture on Sunday.
First published at 18:18, Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I can't believe this made the news.
Claire Baldwin, whoever she is, tweets about the lakes?
Make your comment
- Furness General midwife admits blunders which led to deaths of two babies
- Cumbria service that helps patients returning home gets extra funding
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Child's BMX bike stolen in Barrow
- Range Rover damaged in Broughton
- Cumbria runners set for London Marathon
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Hundreds of Barrow AFC fans attend title homecoming celebration
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (25 comments)
- Special day for Barrow AFC skipper
- Proud Edmo hails Barrow AFC title success: with picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
- Holker cruise into play-offs: with picture gallery
- Furness start title defence in style: with picture gallery
- Glasson take the spoils at Ulverston
- Barrow AFC trophy presentation at Holker Street
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief (2 comments)
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton