Tributes paid after death of Millom man
Last updated at 20:43, Thursday, 21 August 2014
TRIBUTES have been paid to a 27-year-old Millom man who has died suddenly.
Police say they are not treating Nathan Lonsdale’s death as suspicious. The painter went to Millom School and his family still live in the town.
He had been living and working in the south of England. A spokeswoman for Devon and Cornwall Police said the force had been alerted to his death after a member of the public found his body in woods behind Ringmoore Way, Plymouth, at 9.50am on Sunday.
The spokeswoman said officers and a paramedic attended the scene, but Mr Lonsdale was unresponsive upon their arrival. She said the death was not being treated as suspicious.
A spokesman for the Plymouth coroner, Ian Arrow, said he anticipated that an inquest would be opened and adjourned today.
Mr Lonsdale’s family was in Plymouth yesterday for the formal identification.
A Facebook page has been set up in his memory and yesterday had been liked by almost 900 people. The page said Mr Lonsdale was “loved and liked by many and his family meant the world to him”.
For an extended tribute to Mr Lonsdale, see Friday's Evening Mail.
A statement on the page read: “The family would like to thank everyone for all your lovely messages at this very sad time.
“He has left a very big hole in the family and things will never be the same. The support off each other and friends will get us through the devastating loss of the most caring son, brother, grandson, nephew, cousin and uncle. xx.”
First published at 15:13, Thursday, 21 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Nathan I still can't get over the fact that you won't be messaging or snapping me again you have left a big hole in my heart i will never forget you loves ya sleep tight babe until we meet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Make your comment
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Millom Post Office will be closed for up to three weeks during revamp
- Residents of flood-risk Millom set to get emergency plan
- Warning to DIY rat killers in South Cumbria
- PHOTOS: Festival atmosphere marks end of busy year for Barrow college
- Call for CCTV cameras to be installed in Dalton
- Families’ plight as Barrow Foodbank sees numbers soar by a third
- Hundreds want to leave cash-strapped Cumbria authority
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder
- Moffatt's Royal day at Cartmel: with picture gallery
- Barrow Raiders told to steal Newcastle's Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together