Tiny dancers appear on Barrow stage in Disney movie extravaganza
Last updated at 10:52, Wednesday, 05 March 2014
TINY dancers took to the stage to perform Disney movie classics after only a month of training.
Around 400 Barrow and Walney starlets took part in the Olympic-cash funded Inspiring Infants project culminating in a show at The Forum yesterday.
Greengate Infant and Nursery School year one teacher Jemma Bell, 25, of Dalton said: “One class of our pupils performed the Beauty and the Beast song, Be Our Guest, and another from 101 Dalmatians, Cruella De Vil.
“They only had four weeks to learn the dances before the show.”
Headteacher Caroline Hoggarth said: “This gives the children an experience they won’t have had before.
“It’s brilliant for their self-esteem for some children and I think it’s massive for some children who are shy.
“It’s a real confidence booster.
“I have danced all my life since I was about two-years-old.
“Some children could go on to be amazing little dancers.”
Classes from the nine schools also performed hits from The Little Mermaid, Toy Story, Snow White, Mary Poppins, Wizard of Oz and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
Mum-of-two Sharon Lovidge, 38, of Walney, works at InsideOut as a fitness and dance coach.
She said: “I worked with five of the schools and they were brilliant.
“Their energy is terrific.
“Even the shy ones in rehearsal were really confident today.
“There are some good dancers and some really good singers too.”
First published at 16:36, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|