This lucky trio of winners will be making a meal of winnings
Published at 11:02, Monday, 02 June 2014
A TRIO of lucky women have scooped top prizes in an Evening Mail competition, winning vouchers to a popular restaurant.
Sally Love, 67, Joyce Coward, 73, and Pat Humes, 69, have each won a £50 dining experience at the Brewers Fayre.
The prize is the second Mrs Humes has won with the Evening Mail in just three weeks.
The retired hotelier won a pair of black Gucci sunglasses, worth £250, a fortnight ago.
Mrs Humes, of Hempland Avenue, Barrow, said: “When I got the phone call saying that I’d won a prize, I said ‘which one?’ I couldn’t believe it had happened again.
“I’m just on a lucky streak, I guess.”
Mrs Love, of Combe View, Walney, said: “It has come as a nice surprise. I had forgotten I had entered.”
Mrs Coward, of Central Drive, Walney, said: “Three weeks ago I looked at the winners page and thought I should have a go. It only takes a minute to enter.”
The winning trio were joined this week by Kristina Hurley, of Chapel Field, Walney, who won £100 cash to spend on food at Tesco.
l This week the Memories competition has been won by A Davies of Hare Lane, Barrow. The correct answer was Tank Square, Ulverston.
The winner of The Bills competition is Mr G Fowler, of Ulverston.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|