Thieves target Barrow and Dalton sports clubs
Last updated at 16:32, Thursday, 10 July 2014
AN investigation is under way after two sports clubs were burgled in Barrow and Dalton.
Around £300 in cash was stolen from Dalton Cricket Club at around 6am this morning (10th July).
Police said Offenders damaged two gaming machines within the premises and made off in the direction of Queens Terrace. Three cash buckets were recovered by Police who were alerted by an alarm.
On July 8 at around 4.15pm thieves stole a cash bucket from a gaming machine at Holker Old Boys Club on Rakesmoor Lane, Barrow.
The offenders forced entry into the bar area which set off an alarm.
They subsequently caused significant damage to a gaming machine in order to access the cash buckets and stole one of them before making off.
Detective Inspector Amanda Sadler said: “We ask that premises in the South Cumbria area that have gaming machines check their security and make sure that alarms are in full working order.
“Both of these burglaries have had working alarm systems which has enabled Police to investigate in real-time.
“We believe that the two burglaries maybe linked and that the offenders may look to strike again. This is why it is vital that security measures are in place to deter offenders.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to an officer from Barrow CID.
First published at 16:30, Thursday, 10 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
- Four arrested after police search homes in Hexham and Prudhoe
- Prudhoe: Row over cost of spending a penny
- Four arrested after Prudhoe stabbing
- ‘Developer should be forced to pay’
- The Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum (6 comments)
- Building work set to start on Prudhoe school
- LOOKING BACK PICTURES
- Swimming pool opening times
- Good people do still exist
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|