Thieves target Barrow and Dalton sports clubs
Last updated at 16:32, Thursday, 10 July 2014
AN investigation is under way after two sports clubs were burgled in Barrow and Dalton.
Around £300 in cash was stolen from Dalton Cricket Club at around 6am this morning (10th July).
Police said Offenders damaged two gaming machines within the premises and made off in the direction of Queens Terrace. Three cash buckets were recovered by Police who were alerted by an alarm.
On July 8 at around 4.15pm thieves stole a cash bucket from a gaming machine at Holker Old Boys Club on Rakesmoor Lane, Barrow.
The offenders forced entry into the bar area which set off an alarm.
They subsequently caused significant damage to a gaming machine in order to access the cash buckets and stole one of them before making off.
Detective Inspector Amanda Sadler said: “We ask that premises in the South Cumbria area that have gaming machines check their security and make sure that alarms are in full working order.
“Both of these burglaries have had working alarm systems which has enabled Police to investigate in real-time.
“We believe that the two burglaries maybe linked and that the offenders may look to strike again. This is why it is vital that security measures are in place to deter offenders.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and ask to speak to an officer from Barrow CID.
First published at 16:30, Thursday, 10 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- UPDATE: Woman airlifted to hospital and road closed after Barrow crash
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|