Thieves snatch charity boxes from Barrow pie shop
Last updated at 13:41, Monday, 27 January 2014
CALLOUS thieves broke into a pie shop and snatched four collection boxes in Barrow.
The incident occurred in Green’s Pies, Jarrow Street, between 3.30pm on Thursday January 23 and 6am on Friday January 24.
The unknown assailants gained entry by forcing a rear door to the premises.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact Barrow Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:21, Monday, 27 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
At least no pies were lost.
Make your comment
- Barrow driver charged with attempted GBH by car remanded in custody
- Evening Mail readers offer to rehome abandoned Jack
- Furness General midwife 'should never work again' - mother
- Cornered Barrow thief caused fracas
- Furness General midwife admits blunders which led to deaths of two babies
- Cumbria service that helps patients returning home gets extra funding
- Relief as second Cumbria climber accounted for after Nepal quake
- Cumbria mountaineer describes horrifying moment Nepal earthquake struck
- Cumbria man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
- Signalling problems causing delays for Cumbria passengers
- Harvey wants new Barrow AFC deal
- Harrison fit again for Barrow Raiders
- Fan-tastic celebrations for Barrow AFC: with picture gallery
- Lakes riders shine in South Cumbria time trials: with picture gallery
- Runners make dash for Dalton 10k
- South Cumbrian darter aims for world's top 64
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (25 comments)
- Special day for Barrow AFC skipper
- Proud Edmo hails Barrow AFC title success: with picture gallery
- Crarey delight as Barrow Raiders run riot (3 comments)
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton