Teenage mum and baby missing from Cumbria home found safe and well
Last updated at 16:11, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
THE teenage mum missing from her Cumbria home since before Christmas has been found safe and well in France.
Cumbria police confirmed that 15-year-old Catalina Covaci and her seven-month-old son Ricardo have been found with family members.
Ms Covaci and her baby went missing from their home in Penrith after she boarded a train bound for Manchester Piccadilly on Wednesday December 19 last year.
Following two months of public appeals and national and international inquiries, Catalina made contact with officers this week.
Detective chief inspector Lesley Hanson said: “I am delighted to say that Catalina has made contact with us and, after our police colleagues in France visited her and Ricardo on our behalf, we are now able to close our missing person enquiry.
“Catalina and Ricardo are safe and well which is the best outcome we could have hoped for.
DCI Hanson thanked members of the public for their support.
First published at 15:41, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- New moto-cross team for Furness (1 comment)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|