Tapping into dance fever
Published at 09:49, Friday, 10 January 2014
A DAZZLING dance spectacular is bringing a fusion of moves and mind-bending acrobatics to Furness.
The Forum, in Barrow, will stage Tap Factory on its world tour next month after shows across Europe and South America.
The rhythm-based theatre show comes to Barrow, on Thursday, February 13, and is expected to be a big hit with fans of hit dance shows Stomp!, Tap Dogs! and Blue Man Group.
Tap Factory will feature dancers and musicians from all over the world, choreographed by Vincent Pausanias, and including dance disciplines such as urban, tap dance, hip hop, comedy, acrobatics and aerial performances.
They will be acompanied by a live percussion band.
The tour has been masterminded by Vincent, with support from multiple world champion of tap dance Gilles Guenat and Jérémie Champagne, a finalist in TV talent show So You Think You Can Dance.
The Forum’s programming officer Joanne Marwood said Tap Factory was just one of the many fantastic dance spectaculars coming up in the spring and summer season.
Later on in the season, Moscow Ballet La Classique will bring Giselle, a classic ballet with a haunting musical score, to Barrow.
Northern Ballet are set to return after the sell-out success of Ugly Duckling last year with Three Little Pigs, which is ideal for introducing children to ballet, music and theatre.
An Evening with the Stars of Strictly featuring Pasha Kovalev and Katya Virshilas is expected to be a carnival of music, dance, costumes and sparkles and will be a must for any fan of Strictly Come Dancing.
Joanne said that dance enthusiasts could learn to dance like the stars, with weekly dance sessions with Jason Parkinson, at The Forum.
She added: “Barrow has a large number of talented dance groups and this season we see annual shows by Steps Incorporated, Dance Fever, Centre Stage and Inside Out.”
For more information visit: www.theforumbarrow.co.uk.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (35 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (16 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (5 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (17 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|