Tapping into dance fever
Published at 09:49, Friday, 10 January 2014
A DAZZLING dance spectacular is bringing a fusion of moves and mind-bending acrobatics to Furness.
The Forum, in Barrow, will stage Tap Factory on its world tour next month after shows across Europe and South America.
The rhythm-based theatre show comes to Barrow, on Thursday, February 13, and is expected to be a big hit with fans of hit dance shows Stomp!, Tap Dogs! and Blue Man Group.
Tap Factory will feature dancers and musicians from all over the world, choreographed by Vincent Pausanias, and including dance disciplines such as urban, tap dance, hip hop, comedy, acrobatics and aerial performances.
They will be acompanied by a live percussion band.
The tour has been masterminded by Vincent, with support from multiple world champion of tap dance Gilles Guenat and Jérémie Champagne, a finalist in TV talent show So You Think You Can Dance.
The Forum’s programming officer Joanne Marwood said Tap Factory was just one of the many fantastic dance spectaculars coming up in the spring and summer season.
Later on in the season, Moscow Ballet La Classique will bring Giselle, a classic ballet with a haunting musical score, to Barrow.
Northern Ballet are set to return after the sell-out success of Ugly Duckling last year with Three Little Pigs, which is ideal for introducing children to ballet, music and theatre.
An Evening with the Stars of Strictly featuring Pasha Kovalev and Katya Virshilas is expected to be a carnival of music, dance, costumes and sparkles and will be a must for any fan of Strictly Come Dancing.
Joanne said that dance enthusiasts could learn to dance like the stars, with weekly dance sessions with Jason Parkinson, at The Forum.
She added: “Barrow has a large number of talented dance groups and this season we see annual shows by Steps Incorporated, Dance Fever, Centre Stage and Inside Out.”
For more information visit: www.theforumbarrow.co.uk.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|