Talent show star wants performers with X-Factor
Last updated at 11:17, Friday, 22 August 2014
X FACTOR star, Marcus Collins, is on the hunt for a local musician to be his support act when he comes to Furness this autumn.
The soul sensation, who amazed judges on the ITV hit talent show in 2011, is giving musicians from Barrow the chance to “shine” at The Forum on September 26.
Since finishing second to Little Mix on X Factor, Marcus’s debut album, Marcus Collins, entered the top 10 UK charts.
Since then he has performed in the hit musical, Hairspray, met his Strictly Come Dancing boyfriend, Robin Windsor, and has been working alongside Gary Barlow on the release of his second album. Marcus’s autumn tour will see him performing some well known Motown hits.
He said: “These are the songs that made me who I am today. It means a lot to me to be able to perform them and to be able to tell my story.”
Marcus is looking for someone who stands out to open his show.
He added: “This is their moment to shine, I am looking for someone who will take advantage of this opportunity and put a lot of good energy out there.”
If you are interested in being Marcus’s support at The Forum in Barrow then send a clip of yourself performing to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your contact details by September 4.
- After playing at The Forum on September 26, Marcus Collins will also be performing The Sands Centre in Carlisle on September 27.
First published at 09:58, Thursday, 31 July 2014
Published by http://www.cumbrialive.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works"
- Low water temperature closes Furness swimming pool
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|