Suspect in Ulverston rape case is bailed
Last updated at 08:40, Thursday, 23 January 2014
A MAN arrested on suspicion of rape after a sexual assault in an Ulverston street has been bailed.
A 17-year-old girl went to Barrow Police Station Monday to report that she had been sexually assaulted in Market Street on Sunday night.
An 18-year-old local man, who was arrested on suspicion of rape, was granted police bail last night.
He was told to answer bail on February 17 at Barrow Police Station.
The incident allegedly happened at around 2.30am on Sunday.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident to make contact.
Detectives are asking anyone who was out in Ulverston on Saturday night and may have been making their way home across Market Street between 1am and 2am, and may have heard or seen something suspicious to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and speak to the duty Sergeant at Barrow CID.
Alternatively information can be given anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 18:00, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Man named as Windermere murder investigation continues
- Police investigating fail to stop road traffic collision in Barrow
- Police investigate Ulverston equestrian centre burglary
- Barrow teen hid bat in his shorts while on plant food
- Barrow council to recover costs of beached car removal
- Sacrifices may be needed to save Cumbria maternity services
- Cumbria bus strike threat looms if talks over working hours fail
- Last respects paid to Millom poppymaker Mary
- Barrow MP among 19 to have had parliamentary credit card suspended
- Barrow woman attacked husband after cider-drinking binge
- Barrow karate kid is magic on the mat: WITH PICTURE GALLERY
- Junior girls football league seeking to build on strong campaign
- Barrow ASC earn Diddy League title
- Cents bid to end their final hoodoo
- Furness ace Natasha scores hole-in-one
- Dalton chef Dave serves up a golfing treat
- Barrow Raiders hoping to roar in Lion's den
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success (1 comment)
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow football fan banned after shouting abuse (1 comment)
- Cumbria rail provider: Hamster, false teeth and Barry Manilow CD among lost items (1 comment)
- Barrovian's World Cup brace helps England smash Japan
- 'Unacceptable' 100-mile round journeys for Barrow disability assessments (1 comment)
- A590 path repair project announced (1 comment)
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|