Special deliveries bring joy to two Cumbria families on Christmas Day
Published at 16:27, Friday, 27 December 2013
CHRISTMAS day brought special gifts for two Furness families.
Furness General Hospital’s maternity unit had two special deliveries – Annabelle Vanessa Pound and Eli Alexander Williams.
The proud parents pushed back their plans for Christmas lunch to make way for the early morning arrivals.
Jamie Williams, a solicitor at Poole Townsend and his partner Claire LeRoy welcomed baby Eli, weighing 6lb 9oz, at 4.24am.
Ms LeRoy, a mortgage administrator, of Southampton Street, Walney, said: “It was a bit of a shock. It went really fast this morning and it was completely unexpected. I wanted him to hold on until we’d had our Christmas dinner but obviously he had other ideas.”
Mr Williams said he was happy to become a dad.
Rusland Pool landlords Michael and Rachel Pound closed their pub for refurbishment on December 23 and Annabelle Vanessa Pound was born at 8.11am, weighing 7lb 9oz, a sister for Ryan.
Mrs Pound said: “We’re absolutely over the moon.
“Our son has been asking for six years for a little brother or sister and we said to him at Easter – guess what you’re getting for Christmas this year, only we didn’t expect it to be on Christmas day!”
Since the pub, near Ulverston, closed the couple have received numerous texts from customers asking if the baby had arrived and Mr Pound added: “It’s a fantastic present. We’re over the moon.”
Mrs Pound said: “The staff here have been absolutely great – the midwives have been lovely all the way through and the doctor was great with the care leading up to it.”
The two babies join the likes of former Scottish footballer Gary McAllister, Pogues frontman Shane MacGowan and actor Humphrey Bogart as celebrating their birthdays on Christmas day.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|