Spate of burglaries on Walney
Last updated at 12:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
POLICE have increased patrols after a burglar hit four streets this weekend.
ISLANDERS are being warned to lock their doors and windows after a series of break-ins on Walney this weekend.
Police are investigating burglaries and attempted burglaries in Osprey Drive, Shearwater Crescent, Plymouth Street and Andreas Avenue.
Police have pledged to increase patrols and have warned residents to be extra vigilant by ensuring they keep their houses secure.
Anyone with information on any of the incidents is asked to contact Barrow police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more, see tomorrow's Evening Mail.
First published at 09:15, Monday, 20 February 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
- Barrow skills event aims to inspire better career choices
- Cumbrian recruitment firm on national award shortlist
- Time running out for Cumbrian firms to get a business boost
- Defence boom will create thousands of BAE Systems jobs in Barrow
- Benefits of BAE Systems Barrow shipyard expansion spread far and wide
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (25 comments)
- Two teachers suspended from Barrow school (19 comments)
- Former school buildings in Barrow to go up for auction (18 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (13 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|