South Cumbria tool thieves warning
Last updated at 15:52, Wednesday, 05 March 2014
A SHARP rise in the number of thefts of chainsaws and high value tools has been reported in South Cumbria, with 29 thefts this year alone.
Crimestoppers has asked members of the public to keep their tools secure.
The latest incident involved the theft of two chainsaws and a stone cutter from a barn in Marton, taken between February 10 and March 2.
Anyone with information about thefts should Cumbria police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 13:46, Wednesday, 05 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|