Cumbria Ambulance response times vow
Last updated at 18:18, Tuesday, 04 March 2014
AN angry councillor has vowed “not to let go” in his fight for answers over Cumbria ambulance response times.
Councillor Ray Cole updated Millom Town Council after pressing the North West Ambulance Service over claims that elderly patients were forced to wait for more than an hour.
Cllr Cole began probing for answers after being contacted by the family of Audrey Preston, 83, who waited in pouring rain after breaking her leg in January.
Cllr Cole said the trust had announced the incident was being offically investigated.
Mrs Preston suffered the break in Newton Street and was sheltered by residents until an ambulance arrived.
Since her story featured in the Evening Mail, three more cases came to light including a woman waiting for an hour and 40 minutes in Lancashire Road with a triple fracture.
Cllr Cole said: “I will not let go of this.”
First published at 14:53, Tuesday, 04 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I know a town where the road time from an ambulance base is over 40 minutes plus in good conditions . Let alone time being taken to allocated one, other than the air-ambulance.
Make your comment
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength