Cumbria Ambulance response times vow
Last updated at 18:18, Tuesday, 04 March 2014
AN angry councillor has vowed “not to let go” in his fight for answers over Cumbria ambulance response times.
Councillor Ray Cole updated Millom Town Council after pressing the North West Ambulance Service over claims that elderly patients were forced to wait for more than an hour.
Cllr Cole began probing for answers after being contacted by the family of Audrey Preston, 83, who waited in pouring rain after breaking her leg in January.
Cllr Cole said the trust had announced the incident was being offically investigated.
Mrs Preston suffered the break in Newton Street and was sheltered by residents until an ambulance arrived.
Since her story featured in the Evening Mail, three more cases came to light including a woman waiting for an hour and 40 minutes in Lancashire Road with a triple fracture.
Cllr Cole said: “I will not let go of this.”
First published at 14:53, Tuesday, 04 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I know a town where the road time from an ambulance base is over 40 minutes plus in good conditions . Let alone time being taken to allocated one, other than the air-ambulance.
Make your comment
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Cash machine blown up in Cumbria raid
- Big crowds expected for Ulverston pageant
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood (2 comments)
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (10 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success (3 comments)
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (10 comments)
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton