Snow warning issued for Cumbria today
Last updated at 11:33, Friday, 14 February 2014
THE Met office has issued a yellow snow warning for Cumbria today.
An area of rain, sleet and hill snow will move east across southern Scotland and northern England during the afternoon, turning more showery before clearing through the evening.
The yellow warning is in place from noon until 11.45pm.
Most settling snow is likely above 300 metres, where 2-5 cm is possible in places.
Travel disruption is expected in places.
First published at 12:05, Thursday, 13 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
YELLOW snow eh!! Wouldn't go near that if I were you.
Make your comment
- Far-flung Cumbrians will post votes
- Ulverston students get to have voice
- Organisers of ‘The Fred’ hoping to break £1m barrier
- Golden Graham looking for a repeat of last year
- Barrow children to tackle litter problem at playing field
- Barrow students tidy nature reserve to help earn environmental award
- New Barrow recruits join beach litter battle
- New A590 signs branded a waste of money (9 comments)
- Date set in child sex offence sentencing for former Barrow man
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Barrow school make netball history
- Hawcoat claim bowling bragging rights
- Seasons to be cheerful for Furness footballers
- Big money Barrow snooker comp returns
- Lacey keen to taste Conference life with Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Vickerstown reserves complete cup double: with picture gallery
- Dalton beat the rain and Carlisle
- Raiders coach blames Crusaders defeat on indiscipline
- Newbarns crowned Furness hockey champions: with picture gallery
- Table tennis ace Bolton fights hard for England
- Bank holiday no excuse not to vote
- How to keep happy and hopeful at 90
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station