Snow warning issued for Cumbria today
Last updated at 11:33, Friday, 14 February 2014
THE Met office has issued a yellow snow warning for Cumbria today.
An area of rain, sleet and hill snow will move east across southern Scotland and northern England during the afternoon, turning more showery before clearing through the evening.
The yellow warning is in place from noon until 11.45pm.
Most settling snow is likely above 300 metres, where 2-5 cm is possible in places.
Travel disruption is expected in places.
First published at 12:05, Thursday, 13 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
YELLOW snow eh!! Wouldn't go near that if I were you.
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)