Six shotguns stolen in Cumbria farm raid
Last updated at 17:13, Thursday, 24 April 2014
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a theft at Gatra Farm in Lamplugh.
The incident took place overnight between April 16 and 17, when an office building was broken into on the farm and a large quantity of items stolen.
The stolen items included six shotguns, which were taken from the owner’s gun cabinet.
A red Outlander Quad Bike was also stolen from a barn on the property, along with two petrol strimmers and and a number of power tools.
Police believe that the offenders may have left the area by crossing farm land and cutting a fence in the process.
Police are appealing for any information to assist them with their investigation, especially if any of the above items are seen on sale.
It is likely another vehicle was used in the offence, and Cumbria Police have asked anybody who may have witnessed anything to contact DC Millar at Workington CID by calling 101.
Alternatively, those with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The police have also reminded both householders and farm owners to secure their property and outbuildings, and report any suspicious behaviour.
If you live in a rural area you can keep up to date with what is happening via Cumbria Community Messaging and Farmwatch.
For more information on these services visit www.cumbriacommunitymessaging.co.uk or www.cumbriafarmwatch.co.uk.
First published at 12:06, Thursday, 24 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC and Bradford fight out first-half stalemate
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|