Six shotguns stolen in Cumbria farm raid
Last updated at 17:13, Thursday, 24 April 2014
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a theft at Gatra Farm in Lamplugh.
The incident took place overnight between April 16 and 17, when an office building was broken into on the farm and a large quantity of items stolen.
The stolen items included six shotguns, which were taken from the owner’s gun cabinet.
A red Outlander Quad Bike was also stolen from a barn on the property, along with two petrol strimmers and and a number of power tools.
Police believe that the offenders may have left the area by crossing farm land and cutting a fence in the process.
Police are appealing for any information to assist them with their investigation, especially if any of the above items are seen on sale.
It is likely another vehicle was used in the offence, and Cumbria Police have asked anybody who may have witnessed anything to contact DC Millar at Workington CID by calling 101.
Alternatively, those with information can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The police have also reminded both householders and farm owners to secure their property and outbuildings, and report any suspicious behaviour.
If you live in a rural area you can keep up to date with what is happening via Cumbria Community Messaging and Farmwatch.
For more information on these services visit www.cumbriacommunitymessaging.co.uk or www.cumbriafarmwatch.co.uk.
First published at 12:06, Thursday, 24 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (35 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (16 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (5 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (17 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|