Sheep death toll reaches 60 after trailer overturns in Cumbria
Last updated at 17:36, Tuesday, 25 March 2014
Police have said 60 sheep have died after a trailer carrying the livestock tipped over in Cumbria
Four of the sheep had to be destroyed and 56 were killed as a result of the accident today.
Police were dealing with a one vehicle road traffic collision on an unclassified road near to Tutehill Farm in west Cumbria.
The road between the Pica and Arcledon junctions were closed and police asked motorists to avoid the area.
Police were called to the incident at 11.39am.
The trailer was being transported via a tractor. The driver suffered no injuries.
A vet and the fire service were also at the scene.
First published at 13:28, Monday, 24 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|