Series of road closures to delay Barrow motorists
Last updated at 12:21, Friday, 31 January 2014
MOTORISTS travelling in Barrow next week may experience minor delays due to a series of planned road movements by BAE Systems.
On Monday an unlaiden ‘scheuerle’ (heavy duty transporter) will travel along Bridge Road at around 9.15am to the Devonshire Dock Hall gate on North Road.
Due to the size of the vehicle, there will be a police escort and there may be minor disruption to traffic for around 15 minutes.
On Wednesday at around 9.15am, an unlaiden scheuerle will leave the shipyard’s south gate on Michaelson road and travel down to the docks on Ramsden Dock Road.
Police will escort the vehicle and temporary parking restrictions will be in place outside Egerton Court flats on Michaelson Road from 6.30am.
These restrictions will remain in place until the following afternoon
On Thursday at around 2.15pm, the scheuerle will transport a section of steel for the fifth Astute class submarine, Anson, from the docks on Ramsden Dock Road to the main shipyard gate on Bridge Road.
In preparation for the move, temporary parking restrictions will be in place along Michaelson road from 6.30am on Thursday 6 February until the move has taken place.
On Friday 7 February, a ‘jig’ (a metal structure used to aid the construction of submarines) will be transported from Bridge Road to the Devonshire Dock Hall gate on North Road.
All movements will take approximately 15 minutes.
BAE Systems would like to thank local residents and motorists for their patience and co-operation.
First published at 12:19, Friday, 31 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|