Second man in court in connection with Barrow stabbing
Last updated at 16:49, Tuesday, 01 April 2014
A SECOND man has been remanded in custody in connection with a knife attack in Barrow.
Paul McAllister, 46, of Adelphi Court, Barrow, appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this afternoon, charged with wounding 36-year-old Scott Hornby who was seriously injured on Saturday in Broad Close.
He gave no plea and the case was committed to Preston Crown Court to be heard on April 25. He was remanded in custody until then.
Yesterday, Jason McAllister, 37, of Foundry Street, Barrow also appeared before magistrates charged with the same offence.
He entered no plea and was committed to Preston Crown Court on the same date.
First published at 11:34, Tuesday, 01 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|