Royal trip to Cumbria cost more than £20k, Buckingham Palace accounts reveal
Last updated at 14:29, Thursday, 26 June 2014
MEMBERS of the Royal Family made 47 official trips costing at least £10,000 each in the last tax year - including one to Cumbria.
Buckingham Palace accounts reveal the total travel bill of £4.2 million included £1.5 million on helicopter flights, £1.8 million on plane journeys, £700,000 on rail trips and £200,000 travelling by car.
£22,623 was spent on a return trip by the Queen on the Royal Train from Windsor to Oxenholme, Cumbria, to meet members of the Duke of Lancaster's Regiment in July last year.
Some of the other royal trips in 2013-14 included:
- £46,198 on chartered flights taking the Earl and Countess of Wessex on a Foreign Office trip to Sofia, Bucharest and Ljubljana in June;
- £10,092 on a return chartered flight for the Duke of York to travel to Munster in Germany to mark the withdrawal of British forces in July;
- £10,888 on scheduled flights taking Prince Harry from Heathrow to Washington, Denver and New York before returning to London in May.
First published at 14:17, Thursday, 26 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|