Repairs on A590 at Ulverston to delay road users
Last updated at 15:00, Monday, 31 March 2014
Motorists will face disruption as resurfacing work is carried out at Ulverston on a major road as part of £175,000 scheme
The Highways Agency will carry out carriageway resurfacing work on the A590 at Canal Street in Ulverston between Booths Roundabout and the junction with Swan Street,
The work is expected to last for approximately two weeks from Monday, March 31, and will be carried out daily between 7.30pm and 6am.
There will be one lane at a time closed and a convoy working in place. A temporary speed limit of 10mph will also be in force during this time.
It will be necessary to impose restrictions on vehicles over 6ft 6ins (1.95 metres) wide while certain aspects of the work are under way, as the narrower single lane carriageway will be unable to accommodate them. These restrictions will be in place each evening between the hours of 7.30pm and midnight.
A clearly signed diversion will be in place for wide loads, which is 13.5 miles in length, along the A5092 between Greenodd and Grizebeck and the A595 between Grizebeck and Dalton-in-Furness.
First published at 11:53, Monday, 31 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (18 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|