Reliable parcel delivery for small businesses
Last updated at 13:05, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
If there’s one thing this recession has produced, it’s a new breed of self-starting entrepreneurs with
a real desire to become independent of ‘the man’ and not have the fear of job loss and redundancy
looming over them every time the economy looks shaky. And the internet is where many of these
new businesses have set up office. Sites like etsy.com, notonthehighstreet.com and of course the old
reliable eBay have become fantastic market places for new businesses trying to get off the ground
selling their wares online. But this trend has also meant that competition has become fierce and
there are certain things that all new businesses really need to focus on to ensure they build up a
good base of repeat customers – one of them being a good delivery service.
If you have decided to turn your hobby into a business, it’s vital that you find a parcel delivery
service that you can rely on to deliver your goods quickly and economically. As a nation we have
become much more inclined to take the chance and make purchases online, but many people are
still a bit wary when it comes to making the decision to ‘head to checkout’. What if it doesn’t fit?
What if I don’t like it and want to send it back? What if I change my mind when I see it in the flesh?
If we know that making an exchange is as easy and hassle free as returning something to a store, we
are much more likely to get the credit card out.
These days there are plenty of options when it comes to choosing a parcel delivery service and
businesses no longer have to rely on Royal Mail to get their packages to where they need to be. A
number of independent companies now offer excellent services, which also include very convenient
returns options for your customers. If someone decides they don’t want the purchase after all, for
whatever reason, it’s now possible to simply drop it off at a designated collection point and the
parcel delivery company will come and collect it. This means that nobody has to wait at home for the
parcel to be collected and the delivery company only has to deal with a certain number of collection
It really has never been easier to get a new business going online, so if you’ve been thinking about it
for a while, why not go ahead and take the plunge? You might just surprise yourself!
First published at 10:11, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|