Record number of engagements at Cumbria hotel over festive season
Last updated at 09:18, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
A Cumbria hotel has announced a record number of marriage proposals over the festive period.
As many as six couples have become engaged at The Cranleigh Boutique, Bowness-on-Windermere, since the New Year.
More than 100 couples became engaged on site last year after it was named the most romantic hotel in the UK and 3rd in the world last February, according to Trip Advisor.
Amy-Elle Robinson, who accepted a proposal while at the Cranleigh Boutique over the New Year period, said: “The Cranleigh Boutique was recommended to us and we are now recommending it to our friends!
“It was the perfect place for us to relax and escape.
“The room, particularly the spa bath, made our stay extra special and of course, a proposal topped off the most magical New Year and hotel stay we have ever had.”
The Cranleigh Boutique has drawn comparisons with some of the capital’s finest hotels, with designer bathrooms, mood lighting and luxury furnishings in each of the eighteen modern, individually designed bedrooms.
Owner Stephen Hargreaves said: “We would like to congratulate Amy-Elle and Christian on their engagement and of course, all the couples who became engaged at the Cranleigh Boutique over the New Year.
“We are obviously very much geared towards romance at the hotel, but six marriage proposals over New Year is a record even for us!
“Both the team and I work extremely hard to create an unique and unforgettable experience and this is clearly a contributory factor for those who choose to create their very special and private moments – such as becoming engaged – here.”
First published at 08:53, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|