Rain expected to turn to snow in Cumbria
Last updated at 13:51, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Rain is expected to turn to snow in Cumbria tonight and tomorrow.
Northern England and southern Scotland will be affected by snow later on Wednesday evening, becoming showery overnight into Thursday, with a risk of some snow to lower levels later.
Accumulations of 1-3 cm of snow are possible above 150-200 metres and 5-10 cm above 300 metres.
Combined with the severe gales, blizzards are likely to affect higher level roads.
The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.
First published at 13:41, Wednesday, 12 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (2 comments)
- Levy could see supermarket profits ploughed into Ulverston (2 comments)
- Protesters pledge to fight plan for 38 Barrow homes near historic site
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|