Lorry bearing unusual load arrives at BAE shipyard in Barrow
Last updated at 12:59, Monday, 06 January 2014
A LORRY bearing a wide load has arrived at the shipyard in Barrow after a journey down the A590.
Cumbria Police had warned the convoy, which was carrying a ship's rudder from Burton Services on the M6 to Barrow, may cause a small delay for motorists.
The load was classed as an ‘abnormal load’ due to its width. It travelled at normal road speeds, but its width led to warnings it may have caused some traffic disruption.
From 11am it was travelling from Burton Services on the M6 Northbound and leaving the motorway at J36. It then headed west on the A590 towards Barrow and arrived around 12.30pm.
First published at 11:02, Monday, 06 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Accused Barrow AFC fans discover final verdict in pitch disorder case
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair
- Cumbria shootings - five years on
- Emergency services deal with A590 crash
- Spare cash on rise in West Cumbria
- Road blocks due to fallen trees in Cumbria
- New assistant chief constable for Cumbria
- Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Barrow man remanded after court appearance charged with attempted wounding
- Man who came off motocross bike at high speed in Cumbria in 'critical' condition
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Second spot ‘like winning the lottery’ for Bjergfelt
- Clancy happy to see Tour come back to Barrow
- Chris lays down the Law
- Millom ace Hawdon hails 'brilliant' Barrow Tour Series
- North Walney better than South Walney - it's official: with picture gallery
- Magnificent seven for Dalton
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture