Police taser Barrow man after barricade drama
Last updated at 15:56, Tuesday, 05 August 2014
A BARROW man was tasered and taken to hospital after barricading himself into his home.
Police were called to an address in Grosvenor Street, Barrow, at 10.10pm on Monday August 4 after the North West Ambulance Service reported concerns for a man’s welfare.
On arrival police found the man barricaded into his house.
Officers forced entry into the house before tasering a 29-year-old man to subdue him.
He was taken to Furness General Hospital as a precaution, where there were no medical concerns.
He was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and police say he will be questioned in relation to the incident.
First published at 15:48, Tuesday, 05 August 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|