Police seek information after Ulverston accident
Published at 09:29, Saturday, 08 December 2012
A COLLISION caused disruption in Ulverston town centre for around an hour.
At 1pm on Friday, Cumbria police were called to an accident on the A590 at the Queen Street junction in Ulverston.
A blue, old-style, Mazda MX5, driven by a 20-year-old local male, pulled out of the junction and collided with a grey Volkswagen Golf.
Both vehicles were damaged in the incident and the 36-year-old male driver of the Golf, who was also from Ulverston, was taken to Furness General Hospital for treatment.
The eastbound carriageway of the road was blocked for over an hour, with drivers having to share the carriageway with vehicles which were going in the opposite direction.
Ulverston police are asking for anyone who witnessed the incident to contact PC Mark Turner on 101.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Barrow hosting major cycling event today
- Police appeal after taxi driver assaulted in Ulverston
- How do you turn Barrow town centre into a cycling race track? (8 comments)
- Tour Series sponsor BAE Systems holding recruitment fair today
- Everything you need to know about the Tour Series Barrow stage (3 comments)
- Barrow businessman to bring back classic pop Sass (4 comments)
- New deals on offer for Cumbria tourist attractions and restaurants
- Gardening fans make a beeline for South Cumbria festival’s delights
- Barrow race is on to share in cycling glory
- South Cumbria businesses can see benefit to backing big day
- Wiggins star triumphs in Barrow Tour Series
- Pugh injury blow for Askam
- Hawcoat complete clean sweep: with picture gallery
- Tributes to Lindal rocket Ronnie
- Maj makes his mark at Ulverston
- Six of the best to look out for
- Handley in form ahead of Barrow Tour Series showdown
- Lupton the perfect stand-in for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Fun in the sun at Barrow football festival: with picture gallery
- Five-star show from Barrow athletes
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
- Store visit reward was a bag of dolly mixture
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wilson Arms, Torver
- TRAVEL REVIEW: France
- South Cumbria children’s creativity worth crowing over
- Vital to pick up condition early
- Sharing the pain of chronic problem
- First Aid
Visit our websites for...
- Bell tolls one last time at Ulverston school (1 comment)
- Pedestrian sustains broken leg and head injuries in Ulverston crash
- Traders sell out of produce as crowds flock to Ulverston food event
- Barrow man arrested in connection with alleged harassment
- CCTV released in hunt for Ulverston whiskey thief
- Fraudsters steal £156k from Ulverston farmer
- Ulverston waterpark plans unveiled (11 comments)
- End approached for Ulverston school near Glaxo site
- Road cleared following three accidents on A590 near Ulverston (1 comment)
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Ulverston Carnival parade lives on as we roll back the years
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|