Police seek group of men following Ulverston assault
Last updated at 14:13, Friday, 20 April 2012
A GROUP of men are being asked to contact police after an alleged assault in Ulverston.
A 46-year-old man from Ulverston was walking home when he was attacked between 3am and 3.45am last Friday.
Police said the man alleged he had been assaulted by two men in Watery Lane.
Both of the men were described as being in their twenties.
One was said to be five feet 10 inches tall, skinny, wearing no top and with short cropped brown hair, which was slightly longer on top.
The second was five feet six inches tall, with cropped short fair hair, glasses and a sky blue top.
He was also described as possibly having a false leg.
The first suspect is believed to have suffered an eye injury during the incident, while the victim was left with a swollen right eye and swelling and reddening to his forehead.
The pair are believed to have been in a group on the night with five other men who the police would like to speak to.
The men are described as: l Male aged 20, five feet four inches tall, average build with blue jeans and a striped top and short dark gelled hair.
He had a broken leg with a pot on and was using a crutch.
Male aged 20,five feet five inches tall, well built with short hair, wearing an all white top and jacket.
l Male aged 20, five feet seven inches tall, skinny, wearing a dark top and blue jeans with dark hair
l Male aged 20, five feet five inches tall, skinny with glasses, who had a tattoo “made in cumbria” on the back of his neck, he had a possible ailment, which impaired his movement.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sergeant Mark Lyon-Maris or PC Mark Turner at Ulverston police on 101 or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 13:34, Friday, 20 April 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|